Seventy-12 months-old former sea captain Osmore H Morgan was the primary keeper. He had spent the previous fourteen years as head keeper at the New Dungeness Lighthouse. His daughter, Nettie Race took over after his passing in 1907. A few months later Axel Rustad become appointed keeper and he and wife Karen took over. They stayed for ten years raising 4 sons in the keepers quarters. The simplest water for the family changed into rain water accumulated and stored in a five,000-gallon redwood tank which changed into placed in a shed behind the residence.
In July 1903 the North Pacific, a aspect wheel steamer struck Craven Rock off Marrowstone Point in a dense fog. The steamer had 14 passengers aboard who were taken to shore by lifeboats and the tug boat C. B. Smith. Lighthouse keeper Morgan fed and sheltered them until they have been taken aboard the steamer Mainlander which had run aground on Marrowstone Point that equal morning however turned into afloat once more at excessive tide. The North Pacific was a total loss because it sank in deep water.
In 1907 production of Fort Flagler turned into completed. Fort Flagler joined with the weapons at Fort Casey on Admiralty Head and the weapons at Fort Worden close to Point Wilson to shape a “Triangle of Fire” to prevent enemy vessels from coming into Puget Sound
Dense fog caused some other mishap in August 1908. The 502-foot-lengthy armored cruiser USS Colorado ran aground on Liplip Point the southeast tip of Marrowstone Island. This incident solid mild at the want for greater navigational aids in Puget Sound. On October 22, 1913 Congress appropriated $30,000 for upgrades.
Marrowstone Point obtained a new fog signal and light in 1914. An experimental acetylene gun become set up in a wood building thirteen yards northeast of the bell tower and took the location of the fog bell. Mariners were requested to report the efficiency of the gun to the lighthouse inspector in Portland.